Friday, May 25, 2012

NEW YORK - ICFF 2012

.
LINEAR PARK ON THE HIGHLINE

WATER FEATURE ON THE HIGH LINE

 
SCULPTURAL BIRD FEEDER ON THE HIGH LINE

EDWIN BLUE

INDIGO PIECES BY MOLO

ART BY JAMES KENNEDY


New York City has always been one of my great loves - it is a vibrant mecca for culture and vision.  Every time I visit I come away with new insights and ideas.  I have written about the High Line elevated rail park before, however every time I explore it I am blown away by the sheer genius of this project and so revisit it each time I return.  The dedication, design skill and political perseverance that the team must have had to execute this project is evident with every thoughtful material and detail.  It is certainly a masterwork and sets a high bar for every city.  To me it symbolizes the kind of optimism, trust in talent, and force of will that every great city should aspire to.  Visitors flowing along this linear park are always buzzing with wonder, admiring the blooming trees, resident wildlife, art, surrounding cityscape and lush plantings, while the expanding and contracting rhythm of paths and areas of repose allow for many different experiences.

ICFF this year held a few highlights for me. I enjoyed meeting Charles Pollock the renown furniture designer, Lindsey Adelman's growing collection of sculptural light fixtures were beautiful, artist James Kennedy showed artwork that I adored, and I liked the specialized technology pieces such as the handmade speakers by Symbol Audio.

Another very worthwhile and extremely enjoyable jaunt to NYC!


No comments:

Post a Comment